Enabling a fully integrated, plug-and-play video surveillance platform
Glacier Peaks employs Axxon One VMS and NetApp Intelligent Storage solutions to achieve maximum agility, performance, and security while minimizing infrastructure costs.
Located just minutes from Glacier National Park in Browning, Montana, Glacier Peaks is a hotel, casino, and dining destination proudly owned and operated by the indigenous Blackfeet Nation, one of the 10 largest tribes in the United States.
With the goal of updating the security solution and building it on the Casino’s IT infrastructure, increasing security, business agility and flexibility, and taking advantage of the latest innovation in hybrid cloud solutions, Glacier Peaks realized that it was time to refresh its infrastructure. Through this installation, the Casino’s goals were as follows:
- Enable easy onboarding and maintenance while also optimizing the security of patrons, employees, and casino assets.
- Gain the ability to produce detailed reports to enhance business insights to support strategic planning and decision making.
- Ensure that security system expansion and addition of new sites and features, including AI, are possible at any time without impairing the customer experience or interrupting day-to-day business activities.
The Glacier Peaks casino and hotel security solution was the result of the perfectly orchestrated actions of:
- AxxonSoft, an enterprise-class video-management software company.
- TD SYNNEX, an IT solution aggregation company and distributor supporting acquisition and logistics.
- NetApp, a data management company specializing in hybrid cloud services.
- Image Bi, a technology consulting and brokerage company facilitating onsite implementation.
As part of its modernization endeavors, Glacier Peaks also needed to reduce the effort involved in hosting and maintaining the video management system and achieve cost savings through on-demand scalability. Video surveillance software lifecycle management automation and scaling capabilities were the key differentiators that led to the decision to use the Axxon One VMS and NetApp Intelligent Storage.
Glacier Peaks Casino and Hotel turned to the high-resolution IP camera and surveillance platform with a fully integrated, plug-and-play IT infrastructure, including NetApp Intelligent Storage, PDUs, rack, servers, UPS, workstations, and monitors.
Since implementing the Axxon One VMS and NetApp solutions, Glacier Peaks Casino and Hotel has realized security, performance, and scalability benefits with better business data insights. The real-time, eight-megapixel video surveillance platform has helped ensure the safety and security of the venue and its occupants.
An important result of partnering with AxxonSoft, TD SYNNEX, NetApp, and Image BI is Glacier Peaks’s ability to stitch various systems of IT infrastructure together quickly and easily. Thanks to Axxon One’s integration capabilities, Glacier Peaks was able to cut the time to complete the integrations from months to just weeks.
- The pre-configured video management system is perpetual and requires minimal technical support.
- The plug-and-play framework by NetApp allows the solution to easily grow and change with business needs.
- The low-touch solution design has saved over 100 hours of implementation time and requires minimal IT intervention.
- The upgraded clarity and dependability of the system provides the casino with superior business intelligence.
You might also like
The video surveillance solution includes 909 cameras with on-board metadata generation, which benefits for quick and low resource consuming forensic search.
Axxon PSIM Lite powers new video surveillance system at SPAR, the popular Austrian retailer.
In one of the largest cities of Republika Srpska the modern Grand Trade business center has been built. All 200,000 square meters of it are protected by Axxon One.